Rahul Dravid retires from international cricket

The ‘Wall’ of Indian cricket, Rahul Dravid, has announced his retirement from international cricket and the first class cricket on 9.3.2012. He said: “I have played for 16 years but it’s time to leave now for the new generation to come up and take responsibilities.”
The 39-year-old Dravid, a former India captain, became the first of the three ageing greats of Indian cricket, besides Sachin Tendulkar and VVS Laxman, to retire in the aftermath of India's disastrous Test tour of Australia. 
"I would like to announce my retirement from international and domestic first-class cricket. It is 16 years since I played my first Test match for India and today I feel it is an time to move on. Once I was like every other boy in India, with a dream of playing for my country. Yet I could never have imagined a journey so long and so fulfilling," Dravid said.

HOME PAGE ARCHIVE

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post